Design Thinking and Service Dominant Logic in AYUSH (Homeopathy) Field of Medicine
Homeopathy, also known as homeopathic medicine, is a medical system that was developed in Germany more than 200 years ago. It’s based on two unconventional theories:
- “Like cures like”—the notion that a disease can be cured by a substance that produces similar symptoms in healthy people.
- “Law of minimum dose”—the notion that the lower the dose of the medication, the greater its effectiveness. Many homeopathic products are so diluted that no molecules of the original substance remain.
Homeopathic pills are made from an inert substance (often sugars, typically lactose), upon which a drop of a liquid homeopathic preparation is placed and allowed to evaporate.
These pills are filled in small fragile and delicate glass phials, not convenient to carry and at the same time highly visible to everyone around
That could be one more reason for its poor acceptance.
One of the AYUSH doctors listened to her patients and developed them into blister strips.
5-8 pills in every pouch of a strip
This makes her convenient to send directly by courier.
And very patient-friendly – The patient can have it anywhere and anytime.
What’s more, the packing is customized to suit every patient’s personal requirements.
H2H Marketing is not rocket science
It is listening to patients and developing products to meet their needs and wants
This is a perfect example of
1. Identifying the human problem
2. Developing a product after listening to the patient and seeking cooperation
3. SDL, and Design Thinking are iterative processes and this packing can be further developed.
H2H Marketing at work!