Do’s & Dont’s in Microbiology Lab
To lay down the procedure of Do’s and Don’ts to be followed in Microbiology Laboratory.
Applicable to Microbiology Lab.
All persons working in Microbiology Lab.
Do’s in Microbiology Lab
- Always maintain cleanliness & hygienic conditions in Lab.
- Personal hygiene and good habits should be practiced while working in Microbiology Laboratory.
- Immediately clean the testing area after completion of the work using disinfectant solution.
- Extensive Care & precautions should be exercised while working in Lab.
- Ensure no contamination should happen while handling the samples.
- “Entry-Exit Procedure for Microbiology” Lab should be strictly followed.
- Always wear clean Lab coat/Apron.
- Display Instructions in different areas & they shall be followed strictly.
- Before starting your job & after completion, wash & sanitize your hands with Antiseptic solution.
- Switch ON the Laminar Air Flow at least 30 minutes prior to starting up the activity.
- Always use MILLI-Q / Purified water for the preparation of media, assay dilutions and other microbiological work.
- Always use proper gowning, face mask, head caps & clean gloves while working in Lab.
Don’ts in Microbiology Lab
- Do not enter in the area in case of any cut / wound on the body.
- Do not enter in the area in case of ill health condition.
- Avoid coughing, sneezing and yawning in the testing area.
- Do not wear dirty Aprons or Uniforms in Lab.
- Don’t use dirty, unclean or punctured garments or gloves.
- Do not carry any ornaments, earrings, wrist watch or any such unwanted articles along with you.
- Do not chew, smoke, eat or drink in lab area.
- Do not bring any food items along with you in lab area.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with walls and other surface in areas.
- Never pick up any items fallen on the floor with gloves or forceps in working rooms.
- Never use exposed or contaminated media, reagents, water etc. in Microbiology Laboratory.
- Do not bring unclean or any dirty articles in the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Do not work with bare hands, without facemask, head cap and proper gowning in Microbiology Laboratory.